Get covered childcare during military training!
Military Childcare Assistance

For members of Park City and Summit County communities

Claim your childcare scholarship

Upwards has partnered with Park City Municipal and Summit County to support City and County residents. Sign up to claim funds and help stabilize our local providers!

Scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Already started? Log in to resume application.

See if you qualify

Upwards subsidized childcare program

• Do you live or work in Park City or Summit County? (84060, 84098, 84068, 84061, 84055, 84036, 84033, 84024, 84017)
• Do you have a child birth through kindergarten eligible age who attends a regulated childcare provider in Summit County?
• Do you make less than 100% of the AMI (Area Median Income)?

If you answered yes to all, you’re likely eligible for a scholarship. All families are encouraged to apply should any scholarships open up that match your criteria.

Scholarship overview

Families may qualify for one of the following tuition scholarships
Resident Childcare Needs-Based
Infant & Toddler Childcare
Residence or location Park City or Summit County resident (84060, 84098, 84068, 84061, 84055, 84036, 84033, 84024, 84017)
Household income Less than 100% AMI (Area Median Income)
Childcare provider Regulated childcare provider in Summit County
Child age Up to kindergarten eligibility age
Minimum parent contribution 10% of household income per month
DWS support Income eligible applicants must apply for DWS support
Scholarship amount Difference between parent contribution (10%) not to exceed $1700 after federal, state benefits

Apply today

Start your application to see if you qualify

Next steps checklist

Make sure you have the following to complete your application

Upwards Income

Acceptable forms of proof of income
  • W-2 forms
  • 1099s
  • Paystubs
Include all income sources
  • Alimony
  • Unemployment
  • Social security or military income
  • State benefits
  • Disability
  • Child support
  • or other state cash awards or pensions

Upwards Identity

Documentation or proof of identity for parent(s) and child(ren) include
  • Birth certificate
  • Medicaid card
  • Baptism or blessing certificate
  • Foster care placement letter
  • Hospital certificate
  • I-94
  • Passport

Upwards State-awarded Benefits

Proof of state-awarded benefits such as
  • Housing vouchers
  • Utilities
  • EBT/food stamps
  • Other financial assistance equivalents

Upwards Address

Acceptable forms proof of residency or employment address
  • Recent copy of utility bill
  • Rental agreement
  • Mortgage statement in the parent’s name that lists the address

Frequently asked questions

Learn how Upwards makes it easy for families to connect with local childcare providers to receive support in accessing quality, affordable care.
Will I receive the scholarship award directly?
How do I know if I am approved?
How will my immigrant status be used?
Do I have to pay taxes on subsidy/scholarship awards received?